With technology being clasped in all dimensions of our lives, its influence is wide spreading. Organizations want to fully reap the benefit of this growth, leading many to go through a total digital transformation in order to accelerate processes, develop innovations, and embrace opportunities.
QUALITY ASSURANCE’S ROLE IN TRANSFORMATION
Quality assurance has an intrinsic role in the expedition of digital transformation. Executing quality checkpoints along the path ensures the desired business outcomes, as well as end-user satisfaction the ultimate objective.
Also See: PREDICTIVE ANALYSIS – BOON OR BANE?
A complete digital transformation affects business activities at every level. Quality assurance efforts strengthen the product at each phase throughout the development lifecycle and alleviate challenges posed by new technology. QA is in the best bolstering role in any organization’s digital initiative to safeguard performance and security.
Luckily, enterprises proceeding in the direction of extended digitalization already recognize the associated risks and see the big picture of quality challenges. Therefore, many of them do not hesitate to expand their quality measures and spend a lump of their IT budget on QA alone.
QA’S MAJOR OBJECTIVES
Good quality assurance measures meet the three major objectives of a company’s digital transformation: protecting the corporate image, increasing quality awareness, and ensuring end-user satisfaction. Let’s look into these critical dimensions.
- Protecting the customer experience and brand: QA efforts measure end-user experiences across multiple digital platforms. This improves accessibility, reduces response time, and increases the consistency of brand. As a good QA program can address the challenges for testing customer experience in multi-channel solutions:
- 1. Getting the right coverage of end-user expectations and requirements in the test set
- 2. Implementing and using test tools for customer experience testing
- 3. Designing test cases
- 4. Establishing environments and test data for customer experience testing
- Lifecycle automation: QA speeds up the transformation process not only by application-level automation, but also by lifecycle automation. Apart from taking advantage of conventional automation, QA focuses on testing the entire lifecycle, thus ensuring cross-platform compatibility and customer-experience testing.
- Advanced analytics data support: QA makes use of advanced analytical technologies to mine data from various social and commercial platforms that can be used in productive decision-making. This gives quality insight into all stages of the end-to-end customer experience
A good QA program provides the most complete quality view, allowing developers to execute and analyze manual, automated, and performance tests for digital channels side by side, on desktop browsers and real mobile devices, under real end-user conditions. With this expansion, users can apply a single quality strategy to deliver seamless, responsive web and multichannel experiences.
QA helps test teams keep pace with development by assuring reliability of the product and elevating the digital customer experience. With this coverage, organizations can confidently venture into a digital transformation.